Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hotel Cecil, Downtown Los Angeles

Yesterday, while running around downtown I stumbled down an alley where I noticed the Notorious Cecil Hotel. Right when I saw this dreaded triple tower, I knew I had to go take some photos for my blog. I walked into the main lobby with ease, being that the security guards were goofing around closer to the check in area. The main entrance I have to see had a beautiful tragic vibe to it. I felt dread immediately as I walked closer to the actual check in for the hotel. People staying around inside looked completely oblivious to the reputation or understanding just how cursed this building is. In my opinion, the land is tainted and it should be torn to the ground. After using the lobby restroom, I went on a scurry through the hotel walking on haunted floors 7-8, It was super creepy... I didn't even want to take a photo in there. It just felt uncomfortable in the way that had my skin-crawling. I doubt I would go there again without someone with me. Here is some of the history in a small edited portion from all of the horrifying things that have occurred here.

The Cecil Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles (640 S. Main Street) is a budget hotel with 600 guest rooms (originally 700). Constructed by 1927, the hotel was intended for business travelers but in the 1950s it gained a reputation as a residence for transients. A portion of the hotel was refurbished in 2007 after new owners took over.

The Hotel is known for its criminal activity to include three murders and also several suicides. Most notably, the hotel was the reported residence for serial killers Richard Ramirez in 1985 and Jack Unterweger in 1991. Recently, in February 2013, the body of Elisa Lam, a 21-year-old Canadian woman, was found inside one of the water supply tanks on the hotel roof. The body was discovered after patrons complained of low water pressure.

Pauline Otten, 27, committed suicide by jumping out of a window of the Cecil Hotel in 1962, also killing an unlucky pedestrian when she landed on top of him.
Retired telephone operator Goldie Osgood, known as the Pershing Square Pigeon Lady, was raped and strangled at the Cecil in 1964. Her tiny room was ransacked; the killer was never found. In 1995, an escapee from the Peter Pitchess Honor Rancho was cornered and recaptured there.

To sum it up, the Hotel Cecil is very very haunted. There have been reports of full-bodied apparitions, blood curdling noises, cold spots, hot spots, scratching, strangling, and mists. People have not walked, ran from their rooms as they have been sleeping in the bed with ghosts. It's probably one of the most haunted places in all of Los Angeles.


7 comments:

  1. There was another incident that happened at the Hotel Cecil in December of 1975. A young woman arrived in Los Angeles from Bakersfield via Greyhound bus and checked into Room # 327 of the Hotel Cecil, using the name "Alison Lowell," a few minutes after noon on December 16, 1975. On December 20, 1975, she either fell or jumped to her death from her 12th floor window, landing on the 2nd floor roof. To this day, she has never been positively identified and is Los Angeles County Coroner's Case # 7515414. She is also in the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System as NamUs UP # 4457.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information!!!

      Delete
    2. How do you know this? I believe you, i was just wandering if i could find any information about this. Im making a film about the cecil so it could help a lot?

      Delete
    3. I used to live there i can tell you about so many murders at that hotel in 90s. I can tell you more than you want to know

      Delete
  2. also one of the most famous unsolved murder case's victim also stayed at the Hotel Cecil - Elizabeth Short, "the Black Dahlia". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hotel creeps me out. I never visited it but feel the strange atmosphere whenever I read something about it. Also the case "Elisa Lam" won't let me sleep. Although I believe in paranormal and spiritistic things, I think that she was murdered. Yes, many people commited suicide in this hotel and people have seen ghosts or reported paranormal activities there, but all in all I really believe that she was murdered.

    Some say she was on drugs, killed herself and entered the rooftop without starting the alarm... I don't know. She had an illness, but she wasn't crazy. Have you watched the elevator clip of her? Everytime I watch it- I FEEL her fear. She wasn't crazy, she was stalked and followed by someone who knew exactly where to stand so the camera of the elevator won't catch him. He had access to the roof and the security code, he had access to the video's footage afterwards...

    Elisa Lam wasn't crazy. I believe her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No i believe she was murdered i can really give stories about that place i lived in the 90s

    ReplyDelete